The Central Committee of IIMC Alumni Association met at IIMC HQ, New Delhi on May 10. Executive President Mr. Apurva Chamaria presided over the meeting that was attended by General Secretary Mr. Rahul Sharma, Organisation Secretaries Mr. Harshendra, Mr. Krishna Pophale, Treasurer Mr. Gaurav Dikshit, Secretaries Mr. Amit Kanaujia, Ms. Sugam Singhal, Ms. Kamini Patil, Ms. Deeksha Saksena, Executive Members Mr. Pratham Dwivedi, Ms. Arpita Kedia, Ms. Pragya Swastik. Alumni Mr. Ritesh Verma, Mr. Avinash Kumar, Mr. Arpan Roy, Mr. Akash Priyan & Mr. Amit Rajpoot also attended the meeting.
Minutes of the Meeting:-
1. The Central Committee expressed happiness over successful launch of Connections Bubhneshwar and Mumbai edition this year. The Central Committee congratulated Odisha and Maharashtra chapter for hosting a fabulous meet.
2. The Central Committee is of the view that more editions of Connections in different cities across the country shall be launched from next year in addition to Delhi, Bhubaneswar and Mumbai. CC will consult all the chapters within the country over the matter. CC will extend all possible assistance to chapters willing to host Connections next year.
3. The Central Committee brainstormed the model of Lets Talk. A concept note prepared by General Secretary Mr. Rahul Sharma is being circulated to CC Members to review and suggest the changes in the proposed model. CC will take up the matter in the next meeting for final decision.
4. The CC has received a proposal to adopt a Social Cause of the Year from Organisation Secretary (East) Mr. Rai Umraopati Ray. It is being circulated to the CC Members to review and suggest the way ahead. CC will take up this issue in its next meeting..
5. The Central Committee sanctioned NewsWriters (www.newswriters.in) the status of Associated Website. This site provides study material to journalism students. IIMCAA will support this site digitally to help it to reach the budding journalists.
Thanks & Regards,